The First-Ever 2019 BMW i8 Roadster and new 2019 BMW i8 CoupeNovember 29, 2017
BMW Team RLL Completes First US Test of BMW M8 GTE; BMW of North America Enhances Driver Lineup as Bill Auberlen Adds New Role as BMW NA Brand AmbassadorNovember 30, 2017
- The 6th generation BMW M5 is the quickest most technologically advanced M-vehicle to date: 0–60 mph in a lightning-quick 3.2 seconds; 0–124 mph in just 11.1 seconds. Top speed: 189 mph with optional M Driver’s Package.
- The latest generation M TwinPower Turbo technology 4.4-liter V8 engine develops 600 hp and peak torque of 553 lb-ft.
- Debut of the first ever BMW M xDrive system with 2WD capability.
- M compound brakes fitted as standard. Available M carbon ceramic brakes provide a 50 lb. unsprung weight reduction.
- Like all M models, the chassis was honed on the world’s most challenging race circuit, the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
- Reduced weight by intelligent use of materials such as a carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) roof and a weight-optimized exhaust system.
- Exceptional performance both in day-to-day driving and on the racetrack.
- BMW M5 First Edition with exclusive specification.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 29 2017 …
Today, during its auto show premiere at the Los Angeles International Auto Show, BMW announced pricing for the all-new 2018 BMW M5. The 6th generation BMW M5 is the fastest most technologically advanced M-vehicle to date. For the first time ever, BMW M GmbH provides drivers the opportunity to switch between 2WD to 4WD while also offering M x-Drive, BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system specifically tuned for the BMW M5 specifications. Under the hood of the all-new BMW M5 is the latest and most advanced version of the renowned 4.4-liter V8 engine featuring M TwinPower Turbo technology with an output increase from the previous generation of 40 hp and 53 lb-ft, this new engine develops 600 hp and 553 lb-ft of peak torque to promise explosive acceleration and formidable performance. The twin-turbo V8 unit propels the M5 via the new 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and teams up with the M xDrive system to transfer all of the high-revving turbocharged engine’s might to the road, and allows a 0–60 mph acceleration run in a mere 3.2 seconds, making it the quickest and most agile to date. The all-new 2018 BMW M5 will be arriving in U.S. showrooms in spring 2018 with an MSRP of $102,600 plus $995 Destination and Handling.
For more information on the 2018 BMW M5 click here
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; Design works, a strategic design consultancy based in California; technology offices in Silicon Valley and Chicago, and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 344 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 153 BMW motorcycle retailers, 127 MINI passenger car dealers, and 36 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Information about BMW products is available to consumers via the Internet at:www.bmwusa.com.